google34ef26c92abe9900.html Updating all the Latest News: Bollywood Celebrities Contribution towards women

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Bollywood Celebrities Contribution towards women

International Women’s Day is marked on 8th March of every year and it is observed as an international celebration for the accomplishments and achievements of women in political, economic and social spheres of society. Let us know some of bollywood celebrities about their contribution towards women on International Women’s Day.

Katrina Kaif : Bollywood Beauty Katrina Kaif says that killing the female infants in mother’s womb is one of the worst thing. In this regard, she actively participates in promotional programmes like ‘Little Darling Programme’ which is meant for care of abandoned toddlers.She says ‘I always participate in creating awareness among the people who live in small villages and trying hard to stop female foeticide. I also donate some amount of money for this kind of programmes which I got through commercial ads’.

Neha Dhupia : Former Miss India Neha Dhupia says ‘Though Domestic violence Act was enacted in 2005, many women are still facing problems from their husbands. So, I joined in an organisation to help this kind of women’. Neha states that the weapon for any women is her voice. Every women should face the problem bravely and try to find the solution for it.

Kajol:  Padma Sri Kajol says ‘ I have seen most of the women thinks that there would be no life without their husbands. Hence, I joined in a UK Based Loomba Trust which is devoted to educating widow’s children, particularly in India’. Cherie Blair, wife of former Prime Minister Tony Blair is President of the Loomba Trust. Kajol also works with an NGO in education called ‘Shiksha’ which is devoted to educating widows. Recently, she has been felicitated with ‘Karmaveera Puraskar’ for her social work.

Priety Jinta : Dimple Beauty Priety Jinta says that she knows the life a widow as she lost her father when she was 12 years old. She informs ‘I will always participate in programmes like educating and showing the employment opportunities for widows and generating the self-confidence in them. My mother is always been my inspiration and I feel happy to spend some amount of money which I got through my business for this programmes’.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...